Class - Croquembouche - A Tour of Cream Puffs
We're so excited to have world renowned Pastry Chef and Chocolatier Delphin Gomes here in Amesbury to lead this great evening! He loves teaching all skill levels - and you'll be hands-on and diving in to create your own masterpieces!
You'll leave with the knowledge and instruction to recreate these for yourself at home. You'll also leave with a huge bounty of deliciousness!
A croquembouche is a classic French cake made by assembling cream puffs into a conical tower, decorated with caramel threads and other sugar decorations. Croquembouche is French for “crunch in the mouth”, which refers to the crunchy caramel shell around each cream puff that serves as a delicious mortar to hold the tower together.
- Learn the tips and tricks for making and assembling the classic French cake
- Learn the basics of making cream puffs from choux pastry
- Make pastry cream filling for the cream puffs
- Learn the technique of cooking sugar to caramel stage for use in assembly and decoration of the cake
- Optional: Use pulled sugar decorations created in the previous week’s Pulled Sugar class to adorn your croquembouche